16 November 2016
COP22 Blue Zone, Marrakech
Ministers and State representatives gather every two years to set the path for financing the world’s response to climate change.
We are honoured to have been invited to moderate the discussion session at the COP22 climate conference in Marrakech. Anthony Hobley, our CEO, will chair a session on November 16, between 17:30-18:20.
Key questions include:
- How can national actors improve budget planning, monetary and fiscal policies to finance and implement projects and mobilize resources to support NDC implementation?
- What mechanisms can be deployed to mobilize “Green Savings” towards green economy and climate resilient investments?
- How can public climate finance be best leveraged and what can Parties do to enhance public‐private partnerships to enhance flows of private capital into climate change adaptation, particularly in developing and emerging economies?
- What can Parties and the Convention do to ensure the predictability and scaling‐up of international climate funding from all sources, in particular for pre‐2020 climate finance, including by enhancing the current arrangements towards a robust system of tracking climate finance at the national and international level?
- How can the Capacity Building Initiative for Transparency, the Paris Committee for Capacity Building and other relevant tools and fora be best utilized for climate finance mobilization?
Find out more here. Please note, this event requires official COP22 accreditation.