Privacy Notice – Recruitment
Carbon Tracker Initiative (CTIL) is an independent financial think tank that carries out in-depth analysis on the impact of the energy transition on capital markets and the potential investment in high-cost, carbon-intensive fossil fuels. It is a non-profit, independent organisation, free from the commercial constraints of mainstream analysts and able to set our own research agenda.
CTIL is a company registered in England & Wales under number 08906960, whose registered office is at 30 Percy Street London W1T 2DB. CTIL is a ‘Data Controller’ and ‘Data Processor’ of the personal data that you provide to us.
As part of its employee recruitment process, including considering your application for employment, CTIL needs to collect, store and process your personal information.
CTIL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will be used lawfully and in accordance with this privacy notice.
We respect all personal data that we hold, and we will ensure it is stored safely and processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (from May 2018).
What personal details do we collect?
- Date of birth and other identity information such as National Insurance Number (including any documentation to prove identity)
- Nationality/visa/right to work information
- Telephone number
- Personal email address
- Employment history and references
- Any additional information provided to us directly by you.
During the recruitment process we may also collect some personal information about you, such as disability information, so that we can make reasonable adjustments where necessary for you to apply for a role. This is to ensure we comply with legal and regulatory obligations applicable to our hiring and employment practices.
How do we use personal data?
- To evaluate your application against the job listing and requirements
- To determine if you will be chosen for an interview
- To manage the application process
- If selected to fill the position, to collect from you the necessary information to perform a background check, which includes verification of work history provided during the evaluation process
- To administer the process to bring you on board as an employee of CTIL.
Lawful Basis for Processing
Our legal bases are generally:
- On the basis or our and your legitimate business interest in administering employment applications and recruitment
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- In some cases on the basis of your consent.
How do we keep information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Personal information collected is limited strictly to those who need to know, to facilitate the recruitment process in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Sharing personal information
Your personal information is only shared with those who facilitate the activities listed in this Privacy Notice. This includes third party services, such as payroll and pension who have policies and processes in place to protect your personal information. Where these third parties are used to process your personal information they do so only at CTIL’s discretion.
How long is your data retained for?
If you are unsuccessful, we will keep all recruitment data for one year following a recruitment process, after which it will be securely destroyed.
If your application is successful, your personal information will be stored for the duration of your employment with CTIL and for at least the minimum period set by the statutory or regulatory requirements applicable to your information and employment records.
How to access personal information
To make a data subject access request email firstname.lastname@example.org
This notice will be reviewed and CTIL may change it from time to time.